Administrative Law Attorneys
The attorneys at Hickey & Evans have extensive experience representing administrative agencies as well as private individuals and businesses in contested cases, permitting and other matters before local and state agencies.
Our attorneys also represent local governments and educational institutions throughout Wyoming. These clients have similar requirements to those of the businesses served by the firm, but operate under regulations that are often more restrictive than those governing business operations. The lawyers guide school districts and local government officials through the administrative rules that pertain to their agency or organization.
The firm’s attorneys help agency clients with matters such as:
- Ensuring organizational compliance with all relevant statutes, including those related to access to programs. In the education law context, this includes school discipline, special education, and discrimination
- Advising on conduct of public meetings, retention of records, and other administrative matters
- Property and land use issues, such as eminent domain, development, and zoning
- Defending agencies and organizations against claims and litigation from agency employees and the public
- Drafting supplier, employment, and operating contracts
- Counseling on ethics rules pertaining to the operation of an agency
- In the education law context, compliance with all relevant statutes including Title IX, Title VI, Title VII and issues involving school discipline, sexual harassment, special education, and discrimination
The administrative law clients at Hickey & Evans include county commissions and educational institutions such as K-12 schools and community colleges. The lawyers act for local governments and educational institutions in one-time matters, long-term special projects, and as appointed counsel on an ongoing basis. The attorneys have been handling government law and administrative law matters throughout Wyoming for many years. This has given them a thorough understanding of the issues and concerns of local governments, educational institutions, and regulatory agencies.
Comprehensive Administrative Law Expertise
As counsel for private individuals and businesses, the firm’s attorneys provide representation in a broad range of administrative matters including complex trial-type contested cases such as Industrial Siting Council permit proceedings and rate and certificate proceedings before the Public Service Commission of Wyoming. The firm also represents private individuals and businesses in formal rule-making proceedings and in less formal agency matters of many kinds.
The firm’s attorneys assist private individuals and businesses with matters such as:
- Trial-type contested case proceedings before state and local agencies
- Formal agency rule-making proceedings
- Utility rate making and certificate proceedings
- Industrial Siting Council permit proceedings
- Representation in public hearings of all kinds
- Informal resolution of issues with state and local agencies